Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Notes

One of the nice things about having a blog, and even more about having one with a limited readership, is that you can write about things that are really, really dull without the concern that perhaps you are boring your readers. Mine expect little -- oh, look, no typos! Well, no MAJOR typos....-- for which I am grateful. And every so often, I get the most interesting responses. In fact, there are times that I think that the responses are the best part.

I have taken the first minor step for this exercise program. The woman whom I'm hiring to do it asked me to document my goals, meds, resting heart rate, weight, and foods eaten for several days. I just sent her off the email. Assuming she doesn't conclude that no amount of money is worth this, we'll see what happens next. At least some of the stuff will happen here at the house; there's also the possibility of doing some stuff at a local gym which has a very relaxed attitude -- they explicitly do not allow members who are what my wife and I call 'grunt buddies'.

Daughter wants a saber (no, not a real one) for color guard. We say practice your rifle spins -- remember how tense you got last year when you weren't selected to be in the entire show? No, she denied, she wasn't tense. Ah-hah. Guess crying on the way home doesn't count. We said practice for two weeks solid, and we'll get the saber. She wants it NOW. Not gonna happen. At least, not that way.

We've found my mother on our minds recently. Not overwhelmingly, just -- missing her a bit.

Damn cat is walking on the keyboard again. Last week she learned what happens if she steps on the power button.

Raining again. Oh, joy

10 comments:

genderist said...

Does the school not provide the rifle/sabre? Back in my day the flags, rifles, and sabres were all provided for the color guard. The only people who twirled things that weren't provided were the majoriettes' batons.

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, no. You get to PAY for each and every one of them. A saber is, ahem, $200.

For that, I want a guardsman to come with it!

Tabor said...

Yes and he better have nice pecs!

Unknown said...

The cat is probably trying to remember which button provokes the reaction. "Hmm. I'm bored. I've sat still for 2 seconds. That's ages for a kitten! I had fun with that button on that box, last week. Which button was it?.." :-)

Don't forget to get the cat a saber, too. :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

Cats have ten built in sabers. Twenty if you count the all-weather traction ones in back.

Pecs..pecs....sorry, my daughter doesn't know that word. And won't for quite some time, if I have anything to say about it.

STAG said...

Good lord. I can sell you a real one for half that!!

Cerulean Bill said...

Ah, but they prefer ones that won't impale on the way down...

Unknown said...

Any particular reason? :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

Some people actually like there kids. Me, I figure that living on the edge will sharpen her reflexes. As it were.

STAG said...

Oh crikey, I can dull it down for you if you like!!

Http://www.casiberia.com