Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chaotic?

Chaotic, and then some.

Bring the daughter to a friends house. Didn't you say we would be there at 8:15? It's only a quarter to eight. It's okay, she'll be ready. She wasn't. Wait. Drop them off at the yard sale. Head out to the election office, realize that I need gas. Turn around and go in the other direction, which is where the only gas stations in the area are. Fill up, head back out. About a third of the way there, my daughter calls. Did I leave my wallet in the car? I need it to go to the mall. Turn around, go past the college which just happens to be holding commencement today, with many, many cars getting off the highway, and the town cop casually watching as they stop, blocking the intersection. Drop off the wallet. Head back to the election offices, find that they're seriously tearing up the road, so I get to follow construction equipment and dodge around torn-up roads. Get the stuff -- quickly; amazing, given how the day is going -- head home, in time to encounter those construction vehicles going the other way.

Good thing it's a pretty day.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Breathe in and breathe out...! Sorry, I have had those days, fortunately I was much younger. Now I have only rare deadlines.

Cerulean Bill said...

In, and out? That explains a lot....

genderist said...

oy- I hope it's not as hectic as your predictions

Cerulean Bill said...

Nah. Stressful, yes, but hectic, not really. Though there's times that I'd prefer hectic. It'd give me something to do.

Wendster said...

Lol @ Tabor.

"In through the nose .... oooouuuuuut through the mouth."

A fellow staff member told me that one day at school when I had a particularly tense face on. lol. I still remember his dead pan delivery. Sooo funny.