Sunday, May 09, 2010

Cheekn

This's what we had for dinner. I think it's seriously awesome.

Chicken with Peaches

1 lb chicken
8 oz peaches in syrup
1/8 cup frozen orange juice,thawed
1/8 cup malt vinegar
brown sugar
basil leaves
salt
cloves
cinnamon
pepper
cornstarch
water
Optional:Rice


Cut 1 lb chicken into bite-sized pieces.
In skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Drain peaches; reserve syrup

Combine reserved syrup with
1/8 cup frozen orange juice (thawed),
1/8 cup malt vinegar,
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar,
1/2 tsp dried basil leaves,
1/4 tsp salt,
1/8 tsp ground cloves,
1/8 tsp cinnamon,
1/8 tsp pepper
Pour mixture over browned chicken
Cover; simmer 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked
Add peaches; heat.

Combine 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon water
Stir cornstarch mixture into chicken and sauce mixture; heat, stirring until thickened
Serve with rice

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Sounds wonderful. I think it was better than my garlic and too salty pork loin.

Cerulean Bill said...

It was good enough that I asked my wife to take the serving dish away or I would eat all of it -- and I'd already had two servings.

genderist said...

Sounds yummy in the tummy.

Cerulean Bill said...

...and vanishing on the plate.