Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Successes

We had three successes tonight. Four, according to my wife.

First, we cooked burgers on the grill, and, unlike the ones I normally create, they were moist, flavorful, and cooked through. The big change: using a higher fat meat (about 28%), making a thicker burger (about a half inch), and (the big one) not flipping them/taking them off until the burger 'released' from the grill - ie, didn't stick when I slid the spatula under the patty. (Took almost six minutes to get to that point on the first side, and four on the other !) With relish and barbecue sauce, on a toasted bun, awesome.

Second, we fixed (well, pretty much) the crackle on the cordless phones, by switching the router from channel 11 to channel 6.

Third, my replacement pillows showed up, and they're definitely thicker and heavier. Me likey.

And fourth, I made Chocolate Brownie Cookies which, as my daughter said, are definitely full of chocolate. Too much, in fact. Hmm.....

Still -- a good evening.

No comments: