Saturday, July 11, 2009

Softie

I like a lot of pillows on a bed. I have two that I use regularly -- one's queen size, one a bit smaller -- that have gotten matted down over time. I have a third that is pretty small, which I use for an odd reason -- before I hurt my shoulder, I used to sleep on my side, with one arm under the pillow; now, I can't quite make the arm lie flat, and I miss that -- so the small pillow is there for me to hang onto. It's not a teddy bear... even if that analogy has occurred to me.

We're looking at new mattresses, for ourselves and our daughter. We tried a couple at a local store, and were surprised to find that what they called their 'top of the line' seemed way too firm for me. I did like another; my wife asked if we could wait until they got a slightly firmer version in so that she could try it and I could see if it was acceptable to me. Along with that, I'd like new pillows. These were bought at Linens N' Things, of sainted memory -- well, not so sainted, as I went there once to try to replace them with exactly the same kind, and they no longer had them. Turkeys. So now I have ordered two from a pillow company. At this price, they ought to be not only comfortable, but wake me up with a cup of coffee, a croissant, and fresh orange juice. I'll settle for the comfort, though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel better I sleep with a teddy bear and it is now more out of sleeping comfort than emotional comfort (g).
Right now my mattress is sans frame and box spring. Hopefully that'll change soon, my back keeps complaining :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

My daughter has a small white teddy bear named Fuzzy that for years we could not travel without -- we actually had it on the checklist that we used to be sure that we had everything. A few weeks ago, I was amazed to find it casually tossed under a pile of things -- but when I pointed out to her that it was there, she immediately lunged for it.

Oddly enough, we have an extra box spring mattress that,in theory, will eventually be my daughter's. I kind of doubt it, though, since we're supposedly replacing her whole bed soon.