Thursday, July 23, 2009

Notes

I had a lengthy series of back-and-forths with a fellow on my Guns post. It was enjoyable, though it was also sad to realize how far apart we are, and how he mostly likely believed that despite what I said, I really do want to take away his guns. I don't, but with gun people, just one hint of anything like that, and they're baying at the trees...slippery slope! slippery slope! I just wish they'd try to compromise - but they don't. The slope, you see.

Tomorrow, I go for a three month blood test. The actual event is trivial, but I'm always a little apprehensive - how will I do this time? Three times ago, it was really good; the time after that, it was nothing to write home about, and the last time it was okay, but not great. I'm hoping for something between those last two, even though, as I mentioned to my wife, its frustrating to think that I always have to do that. Its not like you hit the numbers once, and bingo, you're done. On the other hand, I've been tracking it very closely, looking four to seven times a day, every day, and taking insulin when I think I need it. Overall, the trend shows that the daily morning peaks are down, last week and a half -- which is when I started trusting my algorithm again as to how much to take at night. Course, it blipped up this morning, so I'm nervous again.

That Gates thing still flummoxes me. So does race. Race and guns -- man, I can pick 'em, can't I?

And on Monday, my daughter goes for her Orange Belt test. Odds are very good she'll make it. She's clearly ready.

No comments: