Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Silver Bears

My wife has three sisters. There is a tradition in their family that on the twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, the others will chip in for some sort of silver gift, usually a tray. My feeling is, we don't need it, and if we got it, it'd sit, unused, for months, perhaps years on end. Nevertheless, it's a tradition, so we're trying to find something in the line of silver table ware that we'd actually use. The closest I've found is this:


Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I like that candle holder. The only other silver thing I 'might' use would be a nice picture frame. What about fancy dessert forks?

Cerulean Bill said...

We've thought about getting four place silver setting (which would be more than the cost of the tray; this is something we, personally, would do) but we can't decide on plain or fancy. All I know is that I want it to be heavy, and of good quality.