Friday, July 17, 2009

Fried Day

Interesting day so far.

Our relatively new remote switch for the outside lights failed in the ON position. We get to have an electrician come out today to try and figure out why. Gah. Technology!
---update: guess what happens when you have about 500 watts of lights controlled by a switch rated at 300? Gah, again. Now we have to find a higher-rated alternative. As my daughter likes to say, have fun with that!

I cooked myself a burrito in a garlic and herb tortilla that was so potent, I damn near needed an emesis basin.

My daughter cooked some crepes that are.... well, I'm not sure what colors are in there. One of them is green, though.

I shipped the pillows back, and they're sending me new, firmer ones. Why isn't there some kind of objective way to measure pillow firmness? And why does UPS cost so much?

Got a request for donations from the Smithsonian. Thing is, its been years since I found Air and Space magazine interesting. On the other hand, it's a worthwhile institution. On the third hand, give them money, they'll come back for more. Organizations are like politicians, that way.

Its muggy and raining.

So, I did the reasonable thing: I ordered a book from the librarium: Sustainment of Army Forces in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Should be fun.

No comments: