Sunday, July 12, 2009

Notes

Well, I'm not as grumpy as I was yesterday, but I'm not particularly pleased with myself for having been grumpy. Its not the kind of person I think of myself as being. Does that seem weird?

From an article about a guy on MSNBC: "Hoff was charged with disorderly conduct, public indecency and failure to comply with fingerprinting." I always think it's a cheap hit when you get charged with something that is, itself, not a crime, or when its ancillary. Fingerprinting? Same thing for when you get charged with 'evading arrest'. Hey, I think that if you don't want to be arrested, its the same thing when you boogie to avoid it as when you refuse to say something that will incriminate yourself. I guess this means that me and most of the legal establishment see things a little differently. Or the DMV, which I think is more than a little anal: from a different story - Division of Motor Vehicles, which blocked her plan because they thought the combination of letters could be interpreted as profane. Her suggestion for the plate on her Suzuki: "ILVTOFU." I just don't get people who are offended by things like that. Though, to be honest, if the plate had flat out said what they said it implied, I'd have thought it was funny. Unless I had to explain it to a kid...

My daughter is refusing to go see her cousin perform at a dance recital. I pointed out to her that she likes it when the cousin comes to see her perform. No, I don't, she said indignantly. Yeah, right.

No comments: