Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wooly Headed Thoughts

If it's really possible for the gummint to tell us what they think we owe, since they take what we say and check it against what they know, why don't they? Yeah, I know the answer to that. Part of it is reasonable (their estimate of what I owe makes certain assumptions; I might not agree, and want to restructure my finances to change it. ) But part is politics and deep-pocket donors. That part sucks.

I am really tired of this roaring wind and occasional rain. If I'd wanted to live this way, I'd have moved to Oregon and camped on a mountain.

Getting up from a nap and feeling so cold that you put on jeans and a warm sweater -- it makes me feel old.

That thing where the school penalized the kid for doing something stupid, and then publicizing it? I don't think it was the school's place to do that. I think they should have notified the parents and left it at that. Does that mark me as a liberal?

Was this guy wrong? I don't think so, but --

Wonder what an actual professionally-done lapdance is like? And if my heart would stand it? Let alone, my marriage? (Yeah, I know the answer to the last one!)

...and no, I'm not planning on one. Just curious.

Why isn't it possible to get advice on exercise and diet that doesn't sound like someone tut-tutting you? Even the best of them slip in some nagging... and they usually like to say start with eating artichokes and rutabagas fourteen times a day, or something like that. Give me simple things that I might actually do. Anything.

Well, okay, except: don't eat chocolate chip cookies. I mean, c'mon....

No comments: