Saturday, March 27, 2010

Observation

Nothing quite so diminishes my desire to be helpful in the morning as being told, after saying 'sure, I'll try making you scrambled eggs, but realize that I don't really know how to do that', as having the daughter peer at the pan and say "That's not how I do it."

Apparently, you're supposed to constantly stir them. Otherwise, it's an omelet. Or something.

Her obvious surprise at my irritation doesn't help the matter. Does make it flamingly less likely that I'll offer to do it again. Though the sheepish um, the eggs tasted really good afterwards was funny. Nice try on manipulating the old man, kiddo.

3 comments:

Wendster said...

... you're supposed to stir them constantly???

I didn't know that.

Wendster said...

amen to the not wanting to help when people aren't ... aren't ... you know ... nice about it.

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, she's nice. In fact, she's great. It's just 'not the way Mom does it.'