Monday, March 08, 2010

Grog

I didn't do anything remarkable yesterday, but last night, I cratered.

We've been pushing to get our daughter to bed earlier -- she'd been going in to take a shower around 9:50, with all the delay that that implies -- and now she does it around nine. I know this in theory because last night I fell asleep to the sound of her starting it. This morning, I was aware that my wife had gotten up, but I didn't want to move. I finally got up about twenty minutes later, and I still feel groggy (does that word come from the word 'grog', I wonder?) two hours later. It's as if I'd had a heavy cold.

Today I get to spend some time with the mento, then take my daughter to two appointments. Along the way, I have to remind her that she owes me French material (already, she's backing off a bit on the solemn committments she made in the French teacher's classroom when we met there on Friday). Tomorrow, I go down to the hospital offices to meet the VP so she can tell me in person what numbers she wants from a spreadsheet (I've already guessed, but it seems pretty clear that initiative alarms her slightly). And I get to go back on Thursday to meet a different person, one who would like help with using the product. Sure, I'll do that - happy to.

But right now, I'm thinking about going back to sleep.

No comments: