Monday, March 01, 2010

Chaotic

Chaos in the house today, and a little discontent.

The patch I made to the hinge on the laptop isn't holding, so last night my daughter borrowed our laptop because she didn't like having to sit at her desk to use hers (where the screen is resting against a support). This morning, after talking privately about it last night, we offered to buy her a netbook, which is about a third smaller and less expensive (I refuse to say 'cheaper' for something that costs four hundred dollars) than a replacement laptop. She said she would rather not, thinking that she would find the smaller keyboard awkward, plus, she likes the big screen. ( I think its more the latter than the former). I can just use the laptop as it is on the desk, she said. We looked at each other. Then why did you borrow mine last night?

This morning she called from school saying she had forgotten some papers. My wife had noticed that she actually had written a note on her hand to remember the papers, yet she managed to forget it anyway. This was the same kid who called three times on Saturday from color guard to announce she'd forgotten a piece of equipment - black socks! Foundation Makeup! Practice Gloves! My wife said she'd bring them, but if she forgets anything else.....

But now they're gone, and its just me and the cat.

5 comments:

Rach said...

I have an HP netbook and really love it. I got it in January when the motherboard in my desktop crashed. When I want the big screen, I just hook it up to the 22" monitor I had with my desktop, and as for the keyboard, she'll get used to it's smaller size. I did. The only thing I worry about is if I'll be able to go back to a full size keyboard when I need to for transcribing. :/

Cerulean Bill said...

That's a very good point. Thanks, Rach.

Incidentally, I just left a post on your blog. I had tried several times to get into the one I knew about, and it just occurred to me to look; apparently, you're switched to a new one. Very nice looking, I must say.

Tabor said...

It is hormones...when I was in high school they made me forget everything.

Anonymous said...

I got a very good Acer.. wide screen.. good amoutn of memory.. quite fast.. at Walmart for less than $500. The only thing id doesn't have is a webcam.

Cerulean Bill said...

Yeah, but we're cheap, V. To us, that sounds like a lot of money. Whereas 'fixing' it with strapping tape sends a message.