Friday, March 12, 2010

Chilly Night

Its about ten PM, Friday, and the wind's blowing cold out there. I just tried locking up the cat, but she was having none of it. Usually, I can trick her into it by filling her dish, then vacating while she's eating, but this time, no go; she looked at it, looked at me, and went to stand in the doorway. Part might be that wind; I think the sound spooks her, a bit.

My wife and I were talking about how our daughter's doing in school. French grade is back up, thanks to retaking a test (I do NOT remember having that as an option in school); History and English are both good, and Biology is, for the moment, better than good. Which mean, we realized together and independently, that she hasn't mentioned Math lately. Hmm....So we both asked. She's going to talk to the teacher.

All day color guard for her and the mother tomorrow. Me? I think I'll get the taxes polished off. Well, except for the state. The great and wonderful company for whom my wife now works screwed up the state returns. Their solution? "We'll reissue them, but you might want to consider applying for an extension." Good thing they bought a computer company, huh?

I know, I know. Chill.

No comments: