Thursday, March 11, 2010

Driving Ambition

And boy, is she ready. She's keenly aware that her classmates have learner's permits -- some have their licences! We were going to take her for the written test tomorrow afternoon, but we're reluctant, as she has a very long extra color guard practice that night, plus, she'll be tied up all day Saturday with a competition, so when will she do homework? Oh, there's a lot of empty time at the competition, I'll do it then. Dash it off, more than likely. Tuesday, I said. But I'll take you out on Sunday and try a couple of things. She was delighted by that -- for a day. Now she's back to Can't we go for the test on Friday? We pay for one, I said. Are you ready? Sure...and if not, I'll pay for the retest. If you fail, we don't go out until you pass. WHAT???

What fun.

No comments: