Monday, March 22, 2010

Hop To It

I got a call from the woman who recruited me to be Santa at a local church last year. She wanted to know if I'd be willing to play Peter Rabbit at their annual festival.

I was hesitant. It wasn't so much the sitting with the kids coming up to you for pictures and whatnot. That, I'd have no problem with. It was the costume. I've seen people wear outfits like that at Christmas, and when they took the head off, they were always sopping wet with sweat. Didn't sound like fun. Still.... I said I'd give it a try.

Maybe the costume they're renting will look like this.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok... promise you'll post a picture of you dressed as the Easter Bunny! THIS I gotta see! And, no, I doubt it'll be a costume like in the pic u shared!

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, if they give me one, I will. But since they didn't take any shots as Santa (at least, ones that I got), it's unlikely.

Though I AM picking up the costume the day before....

Unknown said...

Are you sure it's not the Playb... Oh, never mind. That would be my costume. :-D

Tabor said...

Saw the bunny at a recent marathon I attended and he/she had to be hot!

Cerulean Bill said...

...and not hot in a good way, either. Ah, well. It's for the kids... perhaps they've never seen the Easter Rabbit getting CPR!

And CA, you really don't want to see me in a Playboy Bunny outfit. Come to think of it, neither do I !

genderist said...

You simply must post a picture of you as the Easter Bunny!!! How fun!

Our church is having an egg hunt this Sunday with the bunny, too. Should be fun. We'll think of you!!

Cerulean Bill said...

I am not exactly looking forward to it, but heck, it'll be an Experience.

I want my own Cadbury egg, incidentally.

Wendster said...

Well? Did you get to see the costume yet?

Maybe you can make little ice packs and strap them all over your body when you wear the costume?

Brave brave (silly) (caring) soul.

Wendster said...

... insist on the photo, I say.

Wendster said...

bare minimum exchange rate for you dressing up.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm not caring. I'm just a sucker for cute little kids, of which they have an abundance.