Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hair on Fire

I read some time ago of a guy who said that when he worked from home, his kids had a hard time telling when he could be interrupted, and when not. He eventually said If I'm wearing my baseball cap, I'm working. If I'm not, you can interrupt me. Which wasn't as descriptive as a woman who said Don't interrupt me unless it involves fire or blood. Today's not quite that bad, but when my wife bolted out the door, she said I'm leaving you, goodbye!

Ahem. Let me rephrase that.


In an hour I go to the hospital to work with someone on the software package. Afterwards, I have lunch with my wife, we hope. Then I come back and make a grocery list and go shopping. When my daughter comes home I take her to the doctors for a checkup for the drivers licence. Tonight I take her to karate. Somewhere in there, I tell her that we decided to take her for the damn test tomorrow anyway. As my wife put it, at our age, what's a couple of days delay? But to a teen....

No comments: