Saturday, November 01, 2008

Electoral

Okay, it's official.

I have the two VOTE HERE signs and the one POLLING PLACE sign. I have the two heavy Black Bags, crammed with files, forms, and fol-de-rol. I have the massive Poll Books and the slender Numbered List of Voters. I have the secure case with the serial-numbered Seals and the wire cutters to remove them. And I have documents out the wazoo. And badges. Green for the clerks. Blue for the inspectors. And red for me.

I'm the
>>>
Judge of Elections<<<

Every head bow, every knee bend. Cue the trumpets. No, not the strumpets, not the crumpets - the trumpets.

Sheesh.

But the day was not totally eclipsed by my current glory. I also got to delight a woman living in a predominantly Republican area when I called her -- she was so startled to hear from an Obama supporter, she stopped to tell her husband -- I'm on the phone talking to an Obama person! No, really! And later, I got to talk with a woman who said she's actually been to Wasilla -- spent ten weeks there, in fact. She said the town is tiny, the people are great, there's a big honkin sign about how many moose/car accidents have happened thus far in the year, and no, she couldn't see Russia.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like crumpets. And I used to play an instrument that was pretty close to a trumpet (cornet).

So: TA-DA-DA-TA-DA-DA-DAAAA! :-)

Nice one guv. Just remember: vote early, vote often... Oh, sorry - wrong election. :-)

Carolyn Ann

Cerulean Bill said...

And how many times COULD the person responsible for overseeing the process actually vote, if they'd a mind to? Not that I would, but, hey, it works for the other guys....

Tabor said...

Thanks for being a good citizen.

Cerulean Bill said...

Not sure if I'll ever do it again, but this is likely the worst it will ever be. Until the rules change again. Why Pennsylvania doesn't have early voting is totally beyond me. Damned politicians.