Sunday, November 16, 2008

Medical Reading

The other day, I was talking with my daughter while we were going to color guard. She mentioned coming across a television program about surgery. I winced. I don't like to watch that kind of stuff, I admitted. She was surprised. "You read about anatomy and stuff all the time", she said. I demurred. "Only if its someone else. I don't want to know what someone is doing if they're doing it to my personal body. I don't even want to be in the room when they're doing it." She was doubtful.

Which is why, though I just spent the last half hour reading articles about Dental Implants and Abutments, including looking at pictures of jaws with little tiny pieces of metal sticking up from the tissue atop the jaw (ugh) so that I now can sound fairly knowledgeable about the process, I'm not going to tell her about it. It'll just be a secret.

I know what they're going to do, and I can see why it's likely not that big a deal. Still freaking out just a bit about it, though.

No comments: