Tuesday, November 11, 2008

VDay

Today is Veteran's Day in the US -- or as a bumper sticker I saw said "If you can read this, thank a teacher...and if you can read it in English, thank a veteran". I wonder if the people who excel at communications via Twitter write bumper stickers in their spare time?

An article mentions that tickets to the inauguration, which are supposed to be free to the public, and are still locked up, are nevertheless being sold by brokers -- or as the article put it, 'the promise of a ticket' is being sold. For up to ten thousand dollars a pop. Selling something that's supposed to be free...that you don't actually have... for a huge amount of money -- now I know what the Wall Streeters are doing while they wait for their chunk of the bail-out money. I'm sure they regard this as just the market, baby!

Last night I dreamt that for reasons unknown, I had to answer four questions as part of a Jewish ritual; all four questions were answered by one word, same for each question, but for the first four letters of the word. I had no clue, so of course I went to do research in the Room of Bad Ideas, which was in a building that looking remarkably like the central branch of the New York Public Library, but was actually a combination temple, yeshiva, and sleeping area; the ROBI was where everybody documented things they'd done that wasn't a good idea. I was in particular looking for the ideas left by my friend who died a few years ago, since she knew what the words were -- only they'd rearranged the building, and I couldn't find it. Uh....

Got to stop eating those anchovies before sleeping.


3 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

I don't understand that. How can they be selling them when the tickets haven't been released yet? Who is actually selling them and isn't it illegal?

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, its a futures market kind of thing...which is what brought Wall Street to mind.

Lone Chatelaine said...

Lol! Too right.