Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mento

Well, I'm going to try to do it again.

Yesterday, I got a call from the middle school to say that they had a mentoree for me. They told me the kid's first name, and said I could meet him today. My daughter was in the room when the call came. Once we were done, she remarked that the first name was an unusual one, and she thought she might know him. If its the one she's thinking of, he was left back last year.

On one hand, I'm thinking this is a kid who's been around a little while, so he should be more 'formed' than the sixth grader I had last year. We should be able to get right to what we want to do. On the other, I don't know what we want to do, and if he's doing so badly that he was actually left back, thats not an encouraging sign. Of course, it isn't the National Honor kids who show up in this program, either.

Guess we'll see.... again.

No comments: