Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chili

I understand that people who like chili intensely have a deep and abiding fascination with it. I like it, but I know that the kind I like wouldn't pass muster with a traditionalist -- we make two kinds, Cincinatti chili and honey chili. That's it. Neither is 'serious chili', as they speak it in, say, Dallas. Wimpy Yankee chili, more like.

If a batch of 'serious' chili can be done with ground beef or ground pork (I'm not into meats that must be chewed a lot -- ask me again after I get my dental appliance built), I'd like to give it a try. So, if anyone happens to know of a recipe that meets that standard -- with beans or without, though I know that that is a dividing line, right there -- I'd appreciate learning of it.

A good cornbread recipe would be nice, too. I can make it, no problem, but it always dries out fairly quickly. I'd like something that still edible when I'm having those leftovers. Assuming the chili isn't so good that leftovers are never a problem.

Thank you.

2 comments:

STAG said...

Dry cornbread makes really good Mexican Eggs. Though dried tortilla's work better.

Recipe available if desired.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm not a big egg eater, but my wife and daughter are, so: sure! Thank you..