Monday, October 20, 2008

Suckah

As if proof were needed --

Two boys just came to the door and asked if we needed our grass mown. As it happens, we do, but I'm going to do it real soon now. So I told them no, but we talked a while. Apparently, they just got their mower fixed, and they have to get a wheel on a trailer (?) fixed, so they're out trying to earn some money. I asked how business was, and they said not all that good. They looked pretty downcast.

They got about halfway down the driveway, and I called them back. "Here's five bucks", I said. "I don't need anything -- this is just because you're out there, making the effort."

Yeah. That's what liberal Democrats do. Even if it makes us look like suckers.

2 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

I think that was nice of you.

I'd do the same thing too, though. I'm such a softie when someone deserves it.

Cerulean Bill said...

They sure did seem like it. I found out they live about a half-mile from here, so they were going up and down all the streets, asking. That impressed me.