Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Morning

We tend to wake up my daughter around 615. She usually staggers out around 625, eats quickly, and is out of the house by five to seven, perhaps seven. Its about a one minute walk down the hill to where her bus picks up at 7:04. This morning, she didn't come out till 630, ate slowly, and at 7 was wondering where her sneakers had gotten off to. My wife, hearing her go down the stairs, called a good bye, and was briskly informed that she wasn't leaving yet...and when told that it was already seven o'clock, got a snarky why didn't you tell me that before? and a hurried bolt out of the house...followed, three minutes later, by an aggrieved I need a stupid ride in to school!

Ah,mornings.....

4 comments:

Tabor said...

A nice consistency is that teenagers never seem to change over the generations...

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, I was NEVER like that....

Lone Chatelaine said...

"I need a stupid ride to school!"

That is classic teenager. It's all someone else's fault when they're late, and the ride they so desperately need is "stupid" to boot.

Heh :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

I've learned to just be quiet until she feels like talking -- and even then, to not say much.