Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Plans

The plan was, I was going to bake bread yesterday. But in the flurry of activity last night, the dough never got used. So, the new plan is, my wife would take some of the dough, make fried bread for breakfast, and I would take the rest and bake it. The oven is heating now.

The plan was, I was going to take the metal tray, put some truffles and some brownies on it, and give it to a neighbor. But there was a bit of disagreement about which family would get it (What about the people in the middle of the block? Well, we don't really know them. Yeah, but this would give us a chance to meet them!), and the tray sat in the refrigerator for two days, while the brownies got slowly stale (Hi, people we don't know, have some stale brownies!). So, the new plan is, I put the brownies in the refrigerator by themselves (my daughter will glom onto them), I'll bake something else (I found a recipe I'd saved for Chocolate Chip Muffins), we'll put that on the traywith the truffles.... and then figure out who gets it.

The plan was, I would take my daughter to color guard this morning, getting there by 8:30. But she and the other girl wanted to delay so that they would not have to help unload the materials, plus, when we got there, the school was locked, and no one there had a key. So the new plan turned out to be, I'd sit there while we waited for someone with a key to show up, pretending to be deaf while they discussed the vagaries of bra selection and other things (I think the size is around your chest right under your boob...Oh, yeah, I hope she wears that outfit, she looks really stupid in it ....Oh, she's dumb, I don't think she even knows what a vagina is!) La la la, I don't hear you.

So that's the plan.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Now that I look back on this I pretty felt my father was invisible also.

Cerulean Bill said...

Invisible, and wincing....