Thursday, December 25, 2008

Gifting

Chrismas has happened at our home. It was relatively painless.

My mother, of course, freaked out at everything---Oh, my, how wonderful, a new box of Depends!!!-- while my mother in law made helpful observations -- Oh, yes, that reminds me of a gift I received in 1942...I never liked it. I've learned to block out such things. And the things they picked for me were pretty neat, actually. A long-sleeve pullover from Nike (apparently, the alternative was an argyle vest --its the thought that counts!). A pretty nice T shirt. A CD that includes That Old Time Rock n' Roll, one of my favorite tunes ever. And a microsized Sansa MP3 player, with built-in FM player and voice recorder, which fell neatly into the category of things I wanted and would never have gotten for myself.

Now this afternoon, my sister in law is coming, and my wife will go into freakout mode alpha. But thats not till later. Right now, I need to play Rock n' Roll again.

No comments: