Friday, December 12, 2008

Sahanta

Last night, I went to a neighbor's house, as Santa, and visited with their three children -- one 5 1/2, one 4, and one 6 months.

I had wanted to do things like this for quite some time. Have to say that I was a little apprehensive -- I didn't expect problems, but I was worried that I would disappoint them. Hey, is this all we get for having you over? But it worked very well. The kids were stunned, and it took a while for them to find their voices. Even then, the oldest hardly spoke at all - the middle one did most of the talking. Nobody grabbed the beard (well, except for the baby, once -- they were about to take a photo of me and the two kids when the mother abruptly asked if I'd like to hold him - he looked up, saw this fluffy white thing right next to his hand), and I even got them to giggle a couple of times.

Later, the mother told me that after I left, they'd chattered a lot about how much they'd enjoyed it, so it was a good deal. Glad I did it. Given that I did Santa at EDS last week, I'm doing it at the hospital tomorrow, and again on Monday for the homeless kids' deal (which turns out to be more than I expected; they are having twenty more kids than anticipated) I think this was a nice difference. I'd do it again. Just got to figure out how to publicize it....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, that just warms my heart.
I just love the excitement of little kids when they get to meet Santa.

Cerulean Bill said...

Especially the way their faces light up when I remind them that Christmas is the gift giving season....and then ask "So, what are you getting me for Christmas?"

Unknown said...

Ok Mr.Grinch, where is that x-mas spirit? haha just kidding.
Well can blame the kids when the world tells them they are entitled?

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, not these kids. At least, not yet. They're just the most charming ones I've met since... well, mine!