Thursday, December 25, 2008

Design

I was talking briefly with my daughter a few days ago about automobile designers. I told her that I thought designers were the people who attracted us to cars, irrespective of the objective qualities of the vehicle. As we got out of the van, she asked what I meant. I pointed to the twin indentations on the van's hood. These add nothing to the functionality of the car, I said, but they make it look appealing, for reasons that I don't understand, and make us think well of it. She looked thoughtful. Some cars, I added, as we walked through the parking lot, just look like they'd be fun.

For example:

Incidentally, I'm not sure, but I think that's a Dodge Viper. Whatever it is, I like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah -- that would be fun. What is it?

Cerulean Bill said...

Wish I knew -- its just a picture I found. Blowing up the image, the emblem on the front kind of looks like the Chrysler one, but I don't really know.

Cerulean Bill said...

I updated the blog entry with a link -- I think that's a Dodge Viper.