Tuesday, December 09, 2008

MoDental

This afternoon, just to anger and irritate myself (since I don't work in an office, I can't rely on others to do it for me), I spent some time reading about dental implants and 'implant bridges', which is where they put in an implant that serves as the support for a bridge. Thats likely whats going to end up happening in my lower jaw. At least, thats the theory -- and we all know how well dental theory's working out for me, don't we?

But the part that A&Ied me was thinking about how, more than a year ago, this was supposed to be when I was done with this .... at least, on the very last lap -- and now I'm at least six months away again. So I'm thinking that tomorrow, when I go in to have this one tooth extracted (which has been hanging fire for a very long time), he's going to say happy, cheerful things about how implant bridges are the way to go, and we should really plan on it, because it'll work just so incredibobbly well. Which opinion he will hold until he actually has to deliver, at which point...(frowny face)...

-----------
By the way. This is an unsolicited endorsement which will mean nothing, but I wanted to do it anyway.

Last December, I broke my hip. I was treated at the Geisinger facility in Wyoming Valley, Pennsylvania. I was impressed with just about everything about that hospital (well, except the food, but even there, they tried). Even their system of billing amazed me -- it was fast and easy to do, unlike the people I deal with here at home. Today I got a request for donations to their general fund, and I actually thought about it. I never think about things like that -- its always 'scan and pitch' -- the envelope doesn't even make it out of the kitchen. These guys.... well, I'll be honest. I'm cutting back where I can, for obvious reasons, and donations is part of that. So I won't be giving to the Geisinger Fund. But I won't be calling their 800 number to get myself removed from their mailings, either (an 800 number just to say Take Me Off? How cool is that?), because -- well, I like them. I know, to them I'm just one person, a year ago -- but I still have a good feeling about them.

So if you ever have the chance to donate to their fund -- please do. Thanks.

No comments: