Saturday, December 13, 2008

Losses

It takes quite a lot for me to feel sorry for wealthy people who have incurred financial losses. This qualifies.Of course, its almost certainly going to mean trickle - or gush - down losses for people of more modest means.

It reminds us, as if we needed to hear it again, that people who manipulate numbers for a living are capable of truly evil, life-destroying actions far in excess of those who merely use a gun, or even a bomb. Unwatched, unchecked, these people can destroy broad sectors of our society.

Tar and feathers, anyone?

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Tar and feathers seems to gentle,don't ya think! I have worked hard all my life and saved money frugally and now have lost almsot 45% of it all and it is still in free fall.

Cerulean Bill said...

Words fail me. You have my deepest sympathy, T. Honestly.