Saturday, December 16, 2006

Win, Lose, Draw

The win: We made the pizza with honey wheat dough. Not at all bad. Crust could have been thinner -- I think they must use almost no yeast in their dough, as mine was pretty flat but puffed up to about 3/8 inch after baking. But the taste was good. Its a keeper, unless the one from the CPK cookbook is better.

The lose: A change I made this morning failed. Well, technically, it worked, as all I had scheduled was the application of maintenance, and I did that. But the maint didn't do what I wanted it to do, and backing it out took several hours (!). So I'm kind of back at square one on that.

The draw: The Ricotta cheese is in the refrigerator, draining after being processored, and tomorrow we make the cheesecake. Alas, could not find Amaretti cookies to crush for the crust, so it'll be graham crackers. Oh, the agony....

No comments: