Friday, December 22, 2006

Aging

I received this from a friend. I liked it.

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, "surely i can't look that old?"
Well.. You'll love this one!
I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist.I noticed his dds diploma, which bore his full name.
Suddenly, i remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago.
Could he be the same guy that i had a secret crush on, way back then?? Upon seeing him, however, i quickly discarded any such thought. This balding,gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. Hmmm! .....or could he??? (are you thinking Of about 3/4 of the guys at your last class reunion??)
After he examined my teeth, i asked him if he had attended Morgan Park high school."yes. Yes, i did. I'm a mustang," he gleamed with pride.
"when did you graduate?" i asked. He answered, "in 1959. Why do you ask?" "you were in my class!" i exclaimed.
He looked at me closely. Then, that ugly, old, wrinkled, bald, fat, gray, decrepit son-of-a-bitch asked, "what did you teach?"

No comments: