Friday, December 15, 2006

Purchasing

I should not be amazed, but I am. I went down to Tyson's Corner, had a fairly grim shopping experience, came home, fired up the laptop, and got about 90% of what I want to get electronically -- and 90% of that via Amazon. Could have been 100%, but one thing, they said, could not be delivered until after Christmas . Ironically, I took the item number from the Amazon display, did a search, found a vendor who said they'd deliver it sooner, and when I clicked 'order', they said that they worked through Amazon, so they already had my shipping information. The only things I did not buy electronically are things I want to physically touch.

Now I just have to make sure that neither my daughter nor my wife are around when I am opening packages!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is luck! At least you don't have to battle the crowds and long lineups. I was amazed even at 9am on a school/work day how busy the parking lots were, and I had to park way out in the boonies to get a spot. At least the shelves are still fully stocked!

Oh yes, and keeping the secret and hiding gifts has got to be the best part of giving .. or so I think. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Yes. My daughter has adopted a deep closet downstairs for her 'hideout', and as thats where we used to hide things from her, we're seriously limited. I have three fake packages that I wrapped to put outside as decoration; if I get desperate, I will swap them for three real ones.