Sunday, December 31, 2006

Not A Fun Guy

I'm not going to be much of a fun guy today, I think.

Part of it is that I'm tired -- long drive yesterday, and we were out fairly late. We enjoyed being there, but the net effect was that I got to bed later than I like to. Contemplating that I now (and for some time) have had a 'go earlier to bed' ethos is not thrilling to me.

Part is my blood sugar reading, which is abnormally high, and I don't know why.

Part is that reading ties directly to getting dental work done, which is kind of a trifecta of gloom -- I have to think about that reading, which has, dammit, been good for the last two months, and now, about two weeks before I have a test taken again, has decided to go ballistic; I have to think about the process of having the dental work done, which I think is going to take about nine months, start to finish, and its going to be awkward at best and painful at worst; and I have to think about understanding the Brand! Spanking! New! health care claim forms, which I hate having to do, so I can get them to pay some amount of the cost of this extravaganza.

Part is, believe it or not, the hanging of Hussein. He was an evil, vicious person, and he didn't deserve to be in power -- but hanging is right up there with being clubbed to death for methods of cruel and unusual execution. Well, C&E here. Still, it sickened me.

I doubt I'll stay up for the Great Ball Drop tonight. I'd rather get to bed, and sleep in tomorrow. Perhaps 2007 will be better. I could use some good news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stress pays a huge part in your blood sugar reading, and I'm sure from all the things you've listed .. it's probably the huge factor in your reading as well. I hope 2007 brings you a calmness over all the big things you have yet to face (dental work). Happy New Years! :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Eating two pieces of rich fudge at that party sure didn't help, either....