Thursday, December 21, 2006

Today, I Bake

Today's the first day of our Christmas vacation, and I'm baking.

I just put the crust of the Ricotta cheesecake into the oven. The recipe said to use Amaretti cookies, but I could not find any here (as distinct from my mother in law's neighborhood, where it can be found easily; something about being an Italian immigrant town), so I used graham crackers. I had to double the amount of butter before they'd hold together well to hold a shape on the springform pan; somehow I don't think extra butter is going to be a problem. In about five minutes, the crust comes out and cools for half an hour, then the mix for the 'cheese' part gets put in and the whole thing is baked. I'm going to try a simple recipe for almond cookies that I found while searching for Amaretti cookies, and I intend to make that chocolate pudding recipe, too. All of this stuff will be brought up to my MIL's home, if it turns out well. If not -- well, I'm sure that I can find someone who will eat it.

This afternoon, while my wife is out with my mother, I open up packages from Amazon, segregating out her gifts and those for my daughter, and I do some wrapping. Sounds like a fun day, hey?

No comments: