Thursday, December 07, 2006

Things and Thoughts

I learned today about a site called Hyperwords, and another called Truecrypt. Both are worth looking into.

I like reading Kiplingers Financial Magazine, because its nicely written and has advice that sounds right to me. It has its flaws -- reading about how two doctors went from earning a combined $250,000 a year to about 85% of that, but are much, much happier now...or the woman who had to decide how to handle a totally huge surprise inheritance... doesn't resonate too well with me -- but its not bad -- not as dense as Forbes, not as lightweight as Money.

I got a giftie from my company today -- a 256M USB 'thumb drive'. Kind of cute.

Two days till I play Santa at a local hospital. Its only two hours, but I look forward to it all year.

Cooking for Engineers is an interesting cooking site, and its not just for 'engineers', but anyone who likes to think logically.

I really don't believe the Cheney daughter pregnancy should be a matter for public discussion. Thats a private matter. Yeah, like thats ever stopped us....

1 comment:

Angie said...

I've been enjoying Cooking for Engineers for a while now. His recipe presentation makes me smile. :)

If you want the science of food, try:
News for Curious Cooks