Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wed

Abbicat doesn't seem to hold a grudge for last night -- was normally affectionate when I unlocked her. I suppose that at some point, we'll let her roam free at night.... and every so often, we'll regret it. Vet today. Maybe I can get them to put on the remaining nail guards. Course, at their rates, that might be like the old joke about the plumber who showed up to fix a clogged sink, and it was full of dishes.

I'm getting more than a little antsy with this hospital project. They keep saying what a help I am, but I'm not only doing almost nothing, but when I do do something, they thank me and then ignore it. I suppose that's to be expected -- hospital bureaucracies are just like anyone else. I feel sorry for the woman who's this person's sole staff. She gets swamped with things that the person wants to have done. It's not as if she doesn't have other stuff to do. But,hey, I wanted the experience!

The daughteroid's living on tenterhooks. We get her midterm grades this Friday. We know she really tried -- and she knows that we're very unlikely to cut her slack if she didn't make it. About the only slack will be some imprecision in how I stated the bar -- sometimes I say 'A B or better in all your core subjects', and sometimes I said 'A B average or better in your core subjects'. An A in one could offset a C in the other. We wouldn't be happy, but -- well, how high of an A are we talking? How low a C? We don't expect that, incidentally.

I got into the habit of saving the coffee if we don't drink it all. This morning we had unleaded, and afterwards I had a cup of the chocolate orange (leaded) from yesterday at midday. I can taste the diff. Decaf isn't bad, but this is better.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I try to save my coffee and then we can make coffee milk shakes if I remember.

Cerulean Bill said...

Huh. That sounds interesting, but it'd require ice cream -- which doesn't last all that long, around here!