Thursday, January 14, 2010

Scented

I just got a call from someone who wanted someone other than me. When I told her, she said 'I am so sorry'. Which flipped me right back to thinking about that woman I met so abruptly last week (I suppose I should have a tagname in my mind for her, like 'the accident lady'), although, fortunately, no longer in the tortuous method that I had been thinking, last week.

Last night, I was teasing my wife, and I told her that she obviously didn't appreciate me, so I was going to go find that accident woman, and see what developed. After all, I said, she's young, sexy, wears perfume, and gives great hugs. "You'll never find her", my wife replied. I disagreed. "She said she's only here for a couple of months, so she's either staying in a hotel or renting a furnished apartment. There aren't that many hotels in Camp Hill, and I could just go see if her car is there." My wife laughed. "What, you're going to go hang out in hotel parking lots, looking for a white car with New York plates and a cracked right headlight fairing?" "Got to do something with my days," I said. "Besides, she had really nice perfume. You know, like you used to wear." And then we moved onto other things.

Except that this morning, she wore perfume. Thank you, accident lady!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

B'awwww. Made me smile. You've got a good wife and I am sure you know that.

Cerulean Bill said...

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. Better than I deserved, by far.

STAG said...

Perfume...oh my.

Got to bake that gal some cookies!

Cerulean Bill said...

Which one?

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, good. Because, if the other, I'm not sure I could find her....or withstand the effects if I did.