Saturday, January 23, 2010

Observation

A little bit ago, I visited the cat in her seclusion chamber, aka the downstairs bathroom. After a few minutes, she stretched slowly and padded over to where I was sitting. She looked up at me, leapt up, and sat on my lap for about ten minutes, letting me pet and stroke her. Every so ofen, she would put out a leg, and I could just barely feel the tips of her claws as she pressed against me. Then she'd close her eyes some more while I stroked her side and under her chin. My hand fits comfortably over two thirds of her head, but it didn't seem to concern her. The most she would do is turn her head, giving me access to the underside.

We let her into the family room for a while. It's still chock-a-block with Christmas stuff, including a pile of Christmas lights to be put away. I assumed that she would gravitate to them, but instead, she walked slowly around the whole room, checking it all out. She didn't mess with anything, just looked. I suspect she thinks that this place is the biggest cat toy in the world.

I'm thinking we'll keep her. Of course, she's got to keep us, too. I do know who the master is, in this relationship.

4 comments:

genderist said...

She is the master. You are her staff. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

Yep. She's a benevolent master...so far.

Unknown said...

I hope you know your blog has now turned into a cat-blog. What a internet cliche ;-)
Glad to see it is working out so far. Maybe one day I'll meet her!

Cerulean Bill said...

Hey, anything to get readers....