Friday, January 08, 2010

Realizations

Today, I realized that an attractive woman can completely distract me even without trying, and while wearing a thick coat. And that five mile an hour bumpers work.

I slowed for a turn from one street to another, started to go, then stopped when traffic seemed to be starting again. The woman in the car behind me hit me, not hard. We both pulled over and did the obligatory checkout. Me and the van were fine, her car had a crack next to a headlight, and some damage to her bumper. She was actively quivering, to the point where she asked if I would hold her for just a minute. No heterosexual guy could resist a request for a hug from a slender, young, blond woman who had a scent of perfume, and I didn't, either. After a moment, she calmed down a little, and we got in my van to talk. I just wanted to calm her down a little more, because she was still agitated, still apologizing. She told me she was from Buffalo, down here for a couple of months to attend a training class. She was amazed at how freaked local people got with an inch of snow -- it wouldn't even register, in Buffalo. At one point, she asked if we should exchange insurance info, and I said no, because I wasn't planning on filing a claim. I did give her my name and number in case she wanted to contact me later if she did.

Driving away, I thought you should have gotten her name, dummy....just in case. But that perfume was so nice...and the hug was pretty good, too.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

You are such a softy...the women in your life had better keep you on a shorter leash.

Cerulean Bill said...

She doesn't keep me on a leash at all. She trusts my good judgement. I, in turn, trust in my terror of what it would be like to be without her.

STAG said...

Window shopping is good, it shows the blood is still pumping. It doesn't mean you are not content to eat at home.

I am a cynical auld phart though, and I could come up with a half dozen reasons of why anybody does what they do. Most are not complementary.

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, I wasn't shopping...but I take your point. My reaction still bothers me a bit, though. Its like Am I trustworthy in the prescence of temptation? Prior to this, I would have said Sure. Now, it's more like Almost Certainly.

Guess I'm lucky that I don't hang out with young attractive women?

Unknown said...

If you did, you would quickly become immune.