Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Forecast

It's about half an hour till Hillary's speech. I'm betting she'll say 'support Obama' multiple times, and if she mentions the PUMA crowd, I expect she'll smile and say something neutral such as 'we have to work that through, have to get it out of our system, it might be a while'. She will not say to them 'stop what you're doing, quit being disruptive, cease and desist all of that, this is where you need to be, because if you're not, you could elect McCain'. I don't expect any of that kind of rhetoric.

Let's hope I'm wrong, shall we? For the nonce, I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU missed one of the greatest speeches in American political history.

I hope you stayed up, after all.

Carolyn Ann

Cerulean Bill said...

Nope...but I taped it. Great, huh? We'll see... Thanks for the info.

STAG said...

PUMA? I heard Clinton called a cougar. Don't think thats the same thing though.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm not sure what a cougar is, in that respect, though I have a hunch its not a good thing. PUMA, though, refers to a group that is adamantly FOR Hillary and adamantly AGAINST Obama, to the point where some say they would vote for the opposition before they'd vote for him. It stands for their response to the plea for unity -- Party Unity, My Ass.