Saturday, November 24, 2007

Talking

I just went down to see how my mother is doing. Talking to her is kind of weird. I have had relatives who drank heavily, and when they were fairly well flown, they'd sound like she does now -- making most of the words, but slurring some, and having to work to pronounce them. I know that's not why my mother sounds the way she does, but it evokes that memory.

She said something that I thought was strange -- she's not going to watch television or play on her computer until she feels recovered from the stroke. I am perplexed by that. It doesn't affect me, of course, but it just sounds strange.

My wife's in the other room, dialed into work -- she's doing a change that's expected to take about four hours to accomplish -- and my daughter is downstairs, watching a taped version of the High School Music video that we made the other night. Lets hope things stay quiet!

No comments: