Thursday, November 15, 2007

Interesting Problem

I have kind of an interesting problem. Not sure what the answer is -- two occur to me, though, and I'm not too thrilled with either one.

I've been eating soft foods now for 10 days, ever since the operation to do the bone graft. Over that time, I've lost about ten pounds, which kind of astonishes me.

I'd like to keep it that way. The two ways that occur to me are a) take up exercise, when I go back to eating normally (which, I do truly believe, wasn't an excessive eating style, or b) eat less, even though (see prior disclaimer). Neither's particularly desirable; the first, just slightly more so.

You can see why I'm perplexed.
==============
Update:
My wife knows that I'm thinking about this, and this morning, she said, with a slight smile, that she knew I'd lost weight, because now, when she hugs me, she can cross her wrists behind me. Okay, granted, its because thats the first step in the Um-Chuck-Ninja Full Body Throw, so that she can fling me to the ground as needed to keep me in line , but still -- that's nice, and something I'd not willingly give up.

Hmm.... might just be worth that damn exercise idea...

2 comments:

The 4th Doctor said...

There's an old saying - "nothing tastes as good as thin feels. That is a lie. Exercise is so boring. All that huffing and puffing. I tried it once for a time and rapidly decided I hated every agonizing moment. I prefer to get exercise by jumping to conclusions or running around in circles looking for the TV remote. Last year I dropped about 20 pounds of pure fat and kept it off for a long time by eating lightly and controlling calories. I am now up 10 pounds putting me at 135 and holding. I really could just sit and eat junk food all day, but fight the urge. And I am not a fighter at heart...

Cerulean Bill said...

Neil Armstrong said that he believed you only were allotted so many breaths in life, and he wasn't going to accelerate death's arrival by using them up early through exercise. Though I suppose if they were used up in an erotic fashion, it might be a fair trade.

135, huh? Yeah, I remember weighing that. I remember 6th grade math, too, which occurred about the same time....