Saturday, November 10, 2007

Home Alone

My wife and daughter are down in Delaware, where my daughter's color guard is performing as part of the nationals. I suppose its a good thing, but there are a couple of downsides, one being that they got there at 5:30 but don't perform (for all of about eight minutes) until 11:32, the last group to do so, oh joy. We're expecting that they'll get back home around 3:30 AM, which will of course do a number on Sunday. The other downside is that this is outdoor guard, so right now my wife is sitting on bleachers in mid-30 degree weather, with a 5-10 mile per hour wind blowing, and the chance of rain. She bundled way up, including taking a portable blanket along with her, and (I think) a stadium chair. We decided that my inability to chew would cut way the hell down on anything they might have that I could eat, and the prospect of going almost totally without food wasn't one I was willing to engage. I'm a little sorry not to be with her, but not at all sorry to miss that environment. Instead, I went to the store for some groceries, came home to watch a little TV -- The Train was on, and then The Bourne Identity, the latter in uncut but most certainly not commercial-free mode, so I'm taping it for later watching. Well, okay, I watched about half an hour.

And now, I'm thinking about getting some sleep, but first I need to give the guinea pig medicine. What fun, huh?

No comments: