Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chronosynchrocity

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once."

I am retired. This means that I don't have to be at a certain place every day. It means that every day is open to have things scheduled as fits.

My oral surgeon asked when a good time for a followup check would be, and I said 'mornings are better'. My mother's outpatient rehab center asked when it would be most convenient for us to have her come, and we said 'mornings are better'. The middle school -- well, they didn't ask, they told me that meeting with the student in the last period of the day was when they did it, and I said sure. After all, everything else that recurs was set for the morning. Meeting the kid at 2:15 shouldn't be a problem.

Ahem.

The oral surgeon called yesterday and said that they had an emergency surgery and wanted to push the checkup to 12:30. Well, sure, okay, nothing else going on except the 2:15 meeting at the school. Sure, go ahead.

And then my mother was informed that her therapy appointment today would be 1:00 - 230.

So, going to the dentist means I can't take my mother to therapy. Meeting with the kid means I can't pick her up, either.

But its okay, I have nothing scheduled in the morning!

2 comments:

Cakespy said...

Thank you for commenting on my doughnut guide! Hey, I moved from the east coast to Seattle so I had to find some comfort here!

This post about everything happening at once cracked me up.

Cerulean Bill said...

I've never quite understood why there is fascination with excellent cupcakes, but donuts -- ah, that, I understand.