Sunday, November 25, 2007

Cocoa Krispies

Because I can't chew, I've been getting foods that don't really require chewing. To my surprise, that happens to include some of my favorite foods, such as meatballs, meatloaf, and ravioli. The other day, though, I was buying some cereal, and, thinking of Rice Krispies, decided instead to pick up a box of Cocoa Krispies. I thought my daughter might like them, too.

My word.

She saw the box as we were making dinner, and she raced through eating the meatballs so that she could get to the CKs. She wolfed it down, and immediately had another bowl. This morning, she said that CK was all she wanted for breakfast, too. I said I'd have one, too "before they're all gone". She grimaced at me, saying that of course she'd leave me...some.

In the middle of it, she asked 'If Cocoa Krispies are just Rice Krispies with cocoa flavoring, why don't they make the popping sound that RKs do?' We decided to table that discussion, as both of us reached for another bowlful.

Next time, maybe I'll get a larger box.

No comments: