Monday, December 13, 2010

PostBang

The new roof covering is on, and the new siding is on. The hammering and banging are over. Should we do this again, we'll make sure not to be in the house when they're working. As predicted, our daughter prefers the older color -- we went from pure white (stained over twenty years) to a very light cream.

I exchanged notes with the French kid. In French. Very bad French, but in French. I liked that. I still don't know why just contact with the kid delights me as if it were my own daughter, but it does -- and my nascent ability in French adds to it.

We used the online grade lookup today for the first time. Our daughter will not be happy with what we've found.

Tomorrow I meet with my mentee for the first time. I have this image of a kid whose family was willing to wait for two months before turning in their form. Don't want to prejudge him. I do intend to be more attentive to his tests and grades, though.

Wednesday, the last Santa of the season, at a neighbor's house.

On Thursday, I have the dental surgery. As things go, it should be minimal. They're going to knock me out for it, which is a good thing. But anything where you have to take pain meds afterwards does cause me a certain amount of angst.

And, oh year, we will put up the tree this weekend.

Enough for a while, I should think.

No comments: