Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Gulp!

I tend to leave the materials that I use to study French on the kitchen table. This includes the headset that came with the Rosetta Stone software. It's cheap but functional.

Last night, I was sitting at that table, reading. The cat was reclining on the other side of the table, watching me. I became aware of a crunching sound, much like the sound that the cat makes when she chews on a cat treat. I looked up. She was chewing on the microphone. And the soft foam noise-cancelling cover for the microphone was gone. What? the cat's expression seemed to ask.

I've ordered a new headset. It's expensive. I told my wife consider this one of my Christmas gifts. She said that she was just glad I hadn''t shredded the cat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Talking about shredding... You might enjoy these pictures from Bill Chesney:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bsabarnowl/5240356744/

:-)

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh my good lord.....