Monday, December 06, 2010

Lundi

Okay, my arm moves (mostly) without pain, and the cold is (mostly) gone. So this is good.

The arm - yesterday, as a result of exercising on some new weights Friday, I couldn't straighten it without pain. I realized this when I noticed that I was tending to keep the arm bent. Over time, it got better, but still, when I went to sleep, it would still hurt if I tried to straighten it completely. This morning, just the vaguest echo of an ache. Still, I think I'll pass on doing any arm exercises at the gym today.

As for the cold, I'm still sniffling, and occasionally sounding like the classic two-pack-a-day smoker, but it's still better than it was. Drink lots of liquid (caramel tea, at the moment; yum); stay warm.

Last night we had two sets of neighbors over for dinner. We've wanted to do it for several months, and this was the day. Broke out the china -- you could just see the mother of the eight year old boy flinch when he'd lift the crystal -- filled it with spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread. And afterwards, chocolate cake. This is good.

Now, if I could just do something about getting those Christmas lights out there.....

No comments: