Thursday, December 09, 2010

Notes

Borrowed a copy of the Lonely Planet French Phrase Guide from the library (the only copy in the entire Pennsylvania system, if the catalog's to be believed). I like it. It told me how to say "He's an ass" in French, along with the helpful observation that the phrase, in French, literally translates to "He's shitting." Ah, the language of culture.

Wife's taking the day off. We're going to do a little lightweight Christmas shopping. Nothing fantabulous. Not in a fantabulous mood, at the mo. But still, should be fun. And on Saturday we're going up to New York City for the day, just to walk around, and remind myself why I really don't mind not living in a big city. You tawkin' to me?

I could stand to go to the gym today. I've been tired a lot, with this lingering cold, and haven't been going. I won't go so far as to say I miss it, but I do miss the results, and the sense of mild satisfaction when done. I could use some satisfaction, today. Perhaps I'll glance at AutoCorrect . It makes me smile.

But first, got to drive the kiddo to school. We let her sleep in this morning.

No comments: